Yesterday I met "K" after 15 years. 15! yes! That's more than a decade.
How did it go? It went OK!
Really? Oh yes. A tad bit awkward at the beginning...and then gradually a tad less awkward... and with every passing moment I inched closer to a known comfort zone - a space I shared with her 15 years back. She brought back a whole bunch of memories... those long calls, the restlessness, the urge to meet yet the fear of being caught, the endless aimless walks, the meaningless banters, the bus rides, the missed calls, the giggles, the silly jokes,the countless crushes, the embarrassing moments, the chiding from parents, ... all of these and many more just came rushing back into my mind.
All we did was once again just speak, aimlessly, effortlessly...melting the years away...
Was there any hesitation? yes... maybe ... initially...
We are no longer the school going teenagers we used to be. Now we are 2 different individuals in our different worlds.Our lives have changed and our worlds lie wide apart .
Yet we mingled, laughed, joked, shared. It felt as though I am reliving what I had left behind 15 years ago. And it was only yesterday that I realized how much I missed all of that and more. It took me 15 years to figure out that I had missed "ME"...

moral:"life is beautiful"..
ReplyDeleteAwesome..!! Missing those kind of good old days a lot...but still LIFE IS A JOURNEY...:)
ReplyDelete